Rod Hansen, Building Official
Building Safety Program
Administers the Oregon State building and Specialty Codes Program with County amendments to protect the safety of buildings and occupants within the unincorporated portions of the County and contract cities.
Conducts plans examination, field inspections, code enforcement and code education including:
Electrical Plans examination and inspection and inspection for the entire County except the City of Vernonia, and the City of Clatskanie.
Plans examination, field inspection and code enforcement services within the Cities of Rainier, Columbia City, and Prescott.
Plumbing plans examination and supplemental field inspection within the City of St. Helens.
Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing permits online.
- 2014 Oregon Residential Specialty Code (Based on 2012 IRC)
- 2014 Oregon Structural Specialty Code (Based on 2012 IBC)
- 2014 Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code (Based on 2012 IMC & IFGC)
- 2014 Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code (Based on 2011 UPC)
- 2014 Oregon Electrical Specialty Code(Based on 2014 NEC)
- 2010 Oregon Manufactured Dwelling Installation Specialty Code
- 2014 Oregon Fire Code
- 2010 Oregon Solar Installation Specialty Code
- 2014 Oregon Energy Efficiency Specialty Code
- Columbia County Stormwater and Erosion Control Ordinance
Building Applications and Guides
Building Program Fees
- Dig Safely-Its The Law-Call 1-800-332-2344 Before You Dig
- Construction Contractor Board
- Permits Protect Information you need to do building and remodeling projects right the first time and protect the safety and value of your home.
- Oregon State Building Codes Division